About the apprenticeship
• General admin duties: answering phone calls / dealing with queries on phone and email / managing diaries / arranging travel and accommodation / maintaining office supplies / updating computer records / updating vehicle insurances
• Ensuring multiple mailboxes are kept up to date
• Working on accounts receivable, payable and expenses
• Creating quotes and following up accordingly
• Credit control
• Reconciling accounts
• Participating in new business: Attending expositions / new customer research / updating CRM
• Working closely with Finance Director to ensure the smooth running of the companies
The Steer Group is comprised of IT, Telecoms, Electrical and Administration companies that offer a vast array of services to businesses in Wales and the West. Our clients include small companies, educational establishments, healthcare providers, and large organisations. We pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectations and ensuring stress-free and straight forward solutions.
We are seeking a Finance Administrator (Apprenticeship Vacancy) to join our team. You will be part of an experienced and close-knit team who will teach you the essential skills required to work in an office setting. These include teamwork, computer skills, organisation, customer service, and the ability to operate well under pressure.
After receiving extensive training, you will conduct a wide range of financial and administrative activities to support our businesses.
Core working hours will be 37.5 hours per week, either 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm.
• A genuine desire to deliver exceptional customer service and high levels of satisfaction.
• Be able to work on your own initiative
• Good level of PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. You will be taught on specific accounting software
• Ability to adapt and grow with the business
• Excellent communication skills - clear and confident manner, active listening skills and the ability to build rapport and relationships with customers.
• Excellent team player
• Ability to prioritise workload: you will be dealing with workload from multiple companies so being able to multitask and manage expectation
• Ability to work on you own and as part of a team in order to meet set deadlines.
• Motivation to progress
• GCSE or equivalent grades of C or Above in Maths & English
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Training provider course:
Accounting AAT Level 2
About the employer
The Steer Group
Forest Farm Industrial Estate
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interview will be arranged at office address following approval of initial application