What will the apprentice be doing?
Working closely alongside the senior members of the planning team, you will assist with:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Undertaking site assessments to establish development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy interpretation and identification of material considerations.
- Prepare and progress applications through the planning system.
- Prepare Planning Statements and a range of other planning documents required to support applications.
- Preparation and submission of Development Plan representations.
- Meeting with clients or planning officers on site or at other agreed locations and any other duties that may from time to time be required for the smooth running of the office.
- Develop your own networks and contacts and adding to the business success.
Qualification - RTPI Level 7 Town Planner
Training to take place at Birmingham University
One day a week training.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Senior Town Planner or similar
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
Other Geography Degree or Higher (Grade 2:1) Essential Things to consider
Driving licence would be beneficial