What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value whilst maintaining quality and safety standards
- Assisting the project teams with measurement, take offs and valuations
- Assist the project team with the preparation of payment notices, final accounts and interim external valuations
- Assisting the project teams with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project
- Develop an awareness of John Sisk & Son commercial processes and understand how these can be used to assist you in your day to day role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- One day per week
- Delivered by UCEM
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- MRICS (on passing APC)
- Apprenticeship completion certificate
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Economics or Business Studies (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired Things to consider
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will need to: • Have strong numerical skills • Have the ability to work proactively as part of a team • Have the ability to plan and prioritise • Have good attention to detail • Be eager to learn • Have good communication skills - verbal and written • A passion for a career in the construction industry