Rainbow Day Nursery provides pre-school childcare in Dartford.
The positions with this nursery offer the opportunity to train and develop with a team of qualified and experienced staff.
The nursery operates all year round and is located near to a mainline station.
Description of Vacancy
Assist other members of the team within the nursery whilst gaining knowledge and skills to develop you own childcare career.
- To assist with the daily routine in the playroom
- To assist with the curriculum planning and delivery of EYFS
- To assist and instigate activities suitable for the age range of the children within the unit
- Keep records of key children up to date
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members
- Undertake domestic duties within the unit
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours
- Undertake all ad hoc duties and projects within the nursery.
£ 5.20 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good maths and English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well on their own
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Good telephone manner, polite and professional
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
Minimum achieved Grade 3/D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.