We are a small, friendly firm of Accountants based in Headingley. We are looking for a motivated Accountancy Apprentice to join our team.
During this Apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to gain an AAT Qualification and valuable work experience.
- General admin Duties (Picking calls, welcoming clients, writing emails, filing)
- Vat returns
- Sales ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
We will offer training in all aspects of accounts, including administration, bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and accounts preparation.
We will support you through the AAT accounting course with relevant work based training in addition to your college course.
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Package
- Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
- Able to work collaboratively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Take accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self-motivated and can organise own workload to ensure effective delivery of projects
- Strives to continually improve
- Forward-thinking and keen to learn
- Curious about how businesses operate, with the ability to critically evaluate and interpret different data and information sources
- Able to demonstrate resilience when overcoming challenges and during busy times
GCSE or equivalent maths & English (Grade (Grade 4/C or above)) Essential
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.