A Commis Chef assists a section chef, also known as a Chef de Partie. The apprenticeship is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meats and fish
- Assisting other Chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Cleaning stations
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important, with a Commis Chef apprenticeship you will often find that your shifts include days, evenings and weekends so be sure to consider your home and family commitments and choose a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
The apprenticeship with the White Hart will last 15 months and you will be working towards your Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship.