This role is UK based and applicants must be able to travel to Stonehouse, Gloucestershire on a regular basis.
We are one of the UK's most experienced developers of information display solutions, providing digital signage and other screen display products to a wide range of clients. Our solutions manage over 56,000 screens every day. We are actively recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join our team.
Daily Responsibilities will include:
- Learning about our main product, LiveSpace digital signage.
- Software development on the product utilising various languages/frameworks, including the latest version of Angular for the frontend.
- Undertake bespoke development tasks for customer requirements or demos as instructed.
- Opportunity to be involved in more complex development tasks as experience increases.
- Maintaining code effectively using source control.
- Writing unit tests and automated end-to-end tests.
- Working within an Agile software development environment and participating in the agile meetings.
- Collaborating with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high-quality software products.
- Working as part of a software development team on various stages of the software engineering lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment).
- This role will require you to engage and collaborate with experienced software engineers, technical leads, product designers and product owners.
Languages and Frameworks you’ll be working with:
Essential Key skills:
IT software and hardware competence.
Ability to deal with people in a professional and friendly manner.
Previous demonstrable experience with developing applications and/or websites.
Full, clean driving licence.
A-level or equivalent in Computing or a related field.
Self-driven and enthusiastic.
Ability to independently problem solve, but also the temperament to work collaboratively within a team.
£12,000 pa, subject to experience.
The role offers the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.