What will the apprentice be doing?
Yusen are looking for someone who can be open and transparent in the way they work and dedicated to quality and accuracy.
Reporting to the finance planning & analysis manager, the role will be predominately based within financial planning with exposure to all areas of finance. Your duties will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist with company rolling forecast and budget cycles.
- Prepare forecast reports to aide financial business planning for forecasting of production.
- Analyse submitted forecasts for irregular predictions.
- Complete various reports for European submission including flash analysis and customer profitability.
- Continuous analysis of financial and operational data.
- Produce and maintain trend analysis reports.
- Highlight financial and operational ratios.
- Create data visualisation using Power BI.
- Ensure the system setup is accurate and up to date, in line with the business model.
- Maintain data accuracy creating and utilising reports.
- Manage and support for business projects as required.
The Apprentice's work will be focused around the ACCA syllabus so that training is giving in areas that are relevant and will support the Level 7 qualification provided by Babington.
ACCOUNTANCY PROFESSIONAL LEVEL 7What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to progress and enhance career either through completion of further apprenticeships, or company funded external qualifications.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Initiative, Good Excel Knowledge, Power Bi Knowledge/Experience, Work to deadlines, Adaptable Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Math or Economics (Grade 4 / C / PASS) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science , Business , Technology or Engineering (Grade 4 / C / PASS) Essential
Other AAT/ACCA Level 4 (Grade 4 / C / PASS) Essential Things to consider
Nominated as finalists for the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport People Development Awards in 2019 and 2022.We offer additional internal training to enhance an apprentice's career which give transferable skills for people entering the world of work.Proven track record of developing individuals and investing in people of all ages and at all stages of their career. Excellent benefits package which includes discounts on gym memberships, retail and leisure. We are an organisation committed to diversity and inclusion and employee well-being.