What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the Senior Officer in maintaining appropriate financial controls
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and ensuring adequate cash reserves are maintained
- Full control of sales and purchase ledgers, including:
- Inputting invoices into the finance system and ensuring their approval for payment
- Liaising with external suppliers and customers
- Formulating and setting up payment runs
- Filing invoices
- Processing membership and other sales invoices
- Reviewing and posting staff and credit card expenses
- Supporting external accountants with the preparation of annual statutory accounts, including dealing with queries, and posting journals to reallocate ledger entries
- Ensuring fixed asset register is up to date
- Preparing various prepayments and accruals journals
- Assisting with the management account information
- Statutory filings to HMRC and Companies House
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Preparing information for auditors
- Analyse current accounting systems, making suggestions for enhancements where needed
- Support business profitability and growth through findings and recommendations
- Examine and analyse financial information
- Support the Executive Officer in preparing the quarterly management accounts & annual budget
- Any other ad-hoc tasks relating to the financial aspects of Queen's Crescent Community Association
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression within the organisation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, Time Management Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C / 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent x3 Subjects (Grade C or above (or equivalent)) Essential
Other Degree in a numerical subject (Grade 2:2 or above) Essential
Other Level 4 AAT (Grade If no degree, MUST have AAT L4) Essential