What will the apprentice be doing?
This role will suit someone who is keen to learn the financial planning process. The Paraplanner will need to ensure that the preparation of advice for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner whilst mitigating any risks to the business.
Duties will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Preparing suitability reports appropriate to their level of experience and under relevant supervision
- Ensuring all relevant compliance paperwork has been completed/issued
- Carrying out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process
- Maintaining systems, ensuring that all tasks are carried out and completed in a timely manner in line with company policy and procedures
- Maintaining awareness of and acting in accordance with all compliance and legislative obligations
- Discussing client objectives with the Financial Planner, identifying necessary client information in order to prepare the relevant suitability checks
- Accurately and efficiently supporting the Financial Planner to enable the achievement of future targets and to meet client expectations
- Regularly participating in team meetings, including highlighting any issues and owning actions through to resolution
- Updating the Financial Planner with progress and liaising with them to expedite completion of advice
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues
As well as on the job training, you will complete the Level 4 Paraplanner Apprenticeship standard.
This will include completing the Certificate in Paraplanning via the CII which comprises of the following units:
- CII R01 - Financial Services Regulations and Ethics
- CII R02 - Investment Principles and Risk
- CII R03 - Personal Taxation
CII J09 - Paraplanning
As part of this apprenticeship, you will benefit from the following:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Paraplanners
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes study book and exam entry for each CII exam
- Fortnightly workshops for each R0 exam from our CII approved trainer
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced financial services professionals
- Additional resources through RM Advance
- Regular tutorials and assessments from an experienced financial services professional
This role offers scope for progression within the company to further roles and/or professional qualifications.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 2 or more (Grade Pass) Essential
Other Degree (Preferably Financial related) (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
The role is suitable to those with industry experience or a related financial services qualification at level 4 and above.