The food and beverage department at Whittlebury Park spans the estate with restaurants and bars in multiple buildings, catering for hotel residents, golf members, wedding guests, conference delegates and people who have just come to enjoy a meal out.
Why you should do an apprentice course with us:
- We take our apprenticeships very seriously and understand that it is a competitive market. Your apprenticeship will not only be a place for you to learn skills and a greater understanding of the hospitality industry, but also an opportunity for us to show you how amazing we are so that at the end of your apprenticeship you will consider making us your workplace of choice.
- We are able to provide a full food and beverage industry experience to you. We do not have a standard day; each one is different, and you could find yourself serving afternoon teas, being a bartender at a Tribute night, providing silver service in our award-winning restaurant or even helping serve a wedding meal to 300 people. We can offer you an experience which is hard to match.
- During your apprenticeship with us, we expect you to work as any other employee and we therefore believe you should be rewarded in the same way. You will receive a competitive salary for a 40 hour week, along with a range of other benefits including paid annual leave, free meals whilst on shift, free gym and golf membership, discounted food (50% for tables up to 8 and 20% on tables up to 20), discounts on Spa treatments and products and health discounts on overnight stays for friends and family.
- Highlights of working with us include being part of our Grand Prix Week team where we welcome over 6000 F1 fans onto our campsite for the Silverstone Grand Prix in July, working with a fantastic team delivering over 100 weddings throughout the year and delivering fun filled tribute nights and outdoor activities throughout the year.
You will be required to
- provide a high standard of service to all our guests in all food and beverage areas in a warm, friendly, unobtrusive, efficient and professional manner;
- prepare areas for service including cleaning cutlery, crockery and glassware, moving and laying tables and handling table linen;
- deal with guests in a polite and friendly manner;
- welcome guests and prepare and deliver efficient service of food and beverages; and
- clean areas in the front and back of house to make a good impression, and to stay safe and hygienic
We have an amazing benefits package for our team members including:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Up to 50% discounts on Food and Beverage in any of our restaurants
- Great discounts on haircuts, spa products and treatments
- Discounted hotel stays for your family and friends
- Employee Recognitions awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Staff Canteen with free staff meals
- We can provide onsite accommodation (to be paid direct for salary) for those who do not drive or wish to join us and are new to the area.
If you've got what it takes to be a vital part of a busy, professional and high-performing team, then we would love to hear from you.