As a Support Worker Apprentice at Milestones Trust you will be working towards a Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 alongside your daily roles and responsibilities.
Your daily roles will include;
- You will build strong professional relationships with the people you support. This will be
achieved by treating them with the dignity and respect alongside the appropriate
communication will assist service users in making informed decisions.
- You will take opportunities to develop positive and professional working relationships with
those you meet during your work, whilst attending and contributing positively and
at team meetings.
- You will take an active role in ensuring the delivery of an excellent service, by work being
undertaking willingly, with a readiness to go the extra mile.
- You will take responsibility for planning and organising your work, ensuring you are
punctual and use your own initiative.
- You will carry out a variety of administrative tasks relating to your role competently ad
The above roles will be supported by the following responsibilities;
- Undertake work experience, study, training and development focussed on becoming a
competent and effective Unsupervised Support Worker, able to deliver the Trust's standard
- Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in the support and encouragement of
service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyle and ensure they take an active
the planning of the service they want.
- Carry out activities in a safe way, always ensuring compliance with the Trust's policies and
- To attend and actively participate in regular reviews with your line manager, mentor and
- You will always follow the principles of Safeguarding Adults.
Mayo House is an exciting and innovative home with a well-trained and committed staff team. The team work with people with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs, in a person-centred and individual way.
Purpose-built for the efficient practice of care, the people we support enjoy comfortable living areas in which to socialise and relax, with many other healthcare and lifestyle options made available as part of the service.
We are looking for Apprentice Support Workers to join the team; providing individualised packages of flexible support to individuals within their own flats in Mayo House. Staff offer daily one to one or two to one support, with the aim of helping people to become more independent and to move on to their own home when they are ready.
Why become an Apprentice Support Worker with Milestones Trust?
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary of £18,525 per annum plus £500 Welcome Bonus
Some of our best success stories come from people who started with us as an Apprentice, so what better way to gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning as you learn.
Becoming an Apprentice Support Worker is a great option for people who are new to the social care sector and are looking to develop your skills and knowledge to become a skilled and confident care worker. Previous apprentices have all taken on permanent roles with the Trust following the completion of their apprenticeship, some of which progressed on to other leadership and management roles within the Trust.
We recognise that without the hard work, commitment and passion given by our staff, we wouldn't be the charity that we are today. In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities and are committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- £500 Welcome Bonus
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
- Company Pension
- Job Satisfaction
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.