As a Support Worker Apprentice at Milestones Trust you will be working towards an Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 alongside your daily roles and responsibilities.
Your daily roles will include;
- You will build strong professional relationships with the people you support. This will be achieved by treating them with the dignity and respect alongside the appropriate communication will assist service users in making informed decisions.
- You will take opportunities to develop positive and professional working relationships with those you meet during your work, whilst attending and contributing positively and constructively at team meetings.
- You will take an active role in ensuring the delivery of an excellent service, by work being undertaking willingly, with a readiness to go the extra mile.
- You will take responsibility for planning and organising your work, ensuring you are punctual and use your own initiative.
- You will carry out a variety of administrative tasks relating to your role competently ad efficiently.
The above roles will be supported by the following responsibilities;
- Undertake work experience, study, training and development focussed on becoming a competent and effective Unsupervised Support Worker, able to deliver the Trust's standard of support.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in the support and encouragement of service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyle and ensure they take an active part in the planning of the service they want.
- Carry out activities in a safe way, always ensuring compliance with the Trust's policies and procedures.
- To attend and actively participate in regular reviews with your line manager, mentor and Lifetime Training.
- You will always follow the principles of Safeguarding Adults.
Please note that due to the requirement of a Sleep-In during this role, suitable candidates will be aged 18+. There will a minimum of 1 Sleep-in per week with the opportunity to pick up more shifts if needed.
A Sleep-in will be paid at a rate of £32.76 on top of your contracted pay.
London Road is a happy home, where the staff team are welcoming and supportive. The staff at this service promote dignity and respect, encouraging independence and inclusion for all, allowing the people we support to enjoy activities both in and out of the home. Staff are committed to helping people with learning disabilities and dementia to live rich, meaningful lives.
We currently support 8 adults with learning disabilities to achieve their daily goals. To do so, we provide access to the community, allowing people to participate in the clubs and activities of their choice.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team, who is committed to the care and support of the people we support.
Why become an Apprentice Support Worker with Milestones Trust?
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary of £18,525 per annum plus £500 Welcome Bonus
Some of our best success stories come from people who started with us as an Apprentice, so what better way to gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning as you learn.
Becoming an Apprentice Support Worker is a great option for people who are new to the social care sector and are looking to develop your skills and knowledge to become a skilled and confident care worker. Previous apprentices have all taken on permanent roles with the Trust following the completion of their apprenticeship, some of which progressed on to other leadership and management roles within the Trust.
We recognise that without the hard work, commitment and passion given by our staff, we wouldn't be the charity that we are today. In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities and are committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- £500 Welcome Bonus
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
- Company Pension
- Job Satisfaction
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.