Health and Safety Apprenticeship
Our Environment Health, Safety (EHS) business turns our mission inward to help employees ‘do more, feel better, live longer’. We work hard to build a healthy, resilient, high-performing workforce and this includes ensuring our workplace is the best and safest it can be for our employees and the environment.
As a Health and Safety apprentice you will have the chance to be part of this mission through a series of projects and job rotations.
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification – an NVQ Level 4 qualification in Health and Safety and GSK will sponsor you to complete a NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, the first UK vocational qualification to be developed specifically for health and safety professionals.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship
The Health and Safety apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- Workplace assessments and advice to minimise risk.
- Planning and conducting audits/inspections and tracking actions to completion.
- Involvement in the investigation of incidents and supporting development of controls to prevent recurrence.
- Documentation of the EHS management system.
- Checking new legislation for relevance to EHS
- Reviewing metrics used to monitor the EHS management system.
- Preparing, planning and delivering EHS awareness and promotional events
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK.