At Pret A Manger you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member - Food Production Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.
A Pret the Hot Chef works as part of a team to ensure all food meets Pret standards and is consistently delicious. The Hot Chef is responsible to develop and maintain the standard of hot food in the shop. This role focuses on providing our customers with Pret Perfect hot food with the required quality, freshness and display. During peak trading times the role of the Hot Chef will be supported by a Team Member Star Hot Food. Hot food will be produced from both the kitchen and front counter areas. The Hot Chef ensures that the maintenance of the hot food equipment is to the required Health and Safety standards.
Key responsibilities Right Pret People: Hot Food Training
- To coach and train TMs and TM Stars on hot food and standards.
- To liaise with the TMT to ensure all hot food training is planned and carried out as appropriate.
- To carry out hot food team briefs and attend any relevant meetings, courses and conferences relating to hot food when appropriate.
- To ensure all hot food training material is available and up to date.
- To follow Pret's dress code and be immaculately presented, wearing the correct Hot Chef uniform.
Delicious Food & Drink: Hot Food Quality & Availability
- To ensure all hot food is prepared, displayed according to planograms and sold to Pret standards.
- To ensure all hot food is of great quality with appropriate availability for the time of day.
- To ensure that all new hot food product launches are managed in a timely and effective way in the shop.
- To ensure hot food is cooked and held at correct temperatures and recorded in an accurate and timely fashion, in accordance to Pret standards.
- To follow the hot food production setting standards.
- To ensure all our hot food production is completed as per production principles using the shop bakery plan.
Well Loved Shop: Cleanliness and Health & safety
- To adhere to all aspects of kitchen 'health & safety' in accordance with the law and Pret standards.
- To adhere to aspects of kitchen 'food safety' in accordance with the law and Pret standards.
- I am responsible for ensuring I follow Food Safety Standards; and for the Health and Safety of myself, my team and customers. I complete all training, to enable me to understand the Pret standards and safety processes I must follow. I ensure I follow these processes at all times. I immediately tell my Manager when I believe standards or processes are not being met.
Well Loved Shop: Equipment Maintenance
- To ensure all hot food equipment is prepared and set up at the start of each day.
- To test, clean and maintain all hot food equipment according to Pret's standards, and report any maintenance issues to a Manager.
- To train all Team Members to use hot food equipment effectively and efficiently. Growing Sales,
Maximising Hot Food Sales
- To liaise with AMK/AMF and organise fresh Hot Food Sampling - Joy of Pret.
- To be aware of hot food sales within your shop.
- To ensure sufficient stocks of hot food ingredients, packaging and small equipment using the five point check.