IT Support Apprenticeship - 2019 intake
The successful applicants will undertake the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship standard, which will take approximately one year to complete. Four days a week will be based in work placements, with one day a week at Gloucester College.
The apprenticeship will start in June 2019, but there may be the possibility for the successful applicants to start earlier with the company.
What will I do?
• The role will primarily involve the support of Windows 10 and 7 installed PCs and the applications installed on them. Renishaw uses a variety of PC applications including MS Office, Visio, Project and server applications including SharePoint and SCCM.
• The day to day system administration on a variety of different desktop systems.
• Providing fast, efficient, and diligent IT support to Renishaw employees worldwide.
• Implementing and developing systems following defined standards and procedures.
Applicants must have:
• The minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/level 4 and above, including Maths, English and IT.
• A strong interest in IT, with the aptitude and enthusiasm to undertake an apprenticeship in this field.
• A good understanding of software and hardware, knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7, and a general understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
• The ability to work with a variety of PC software packages.
• Good communications and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to get to college and work, so you should have a driving licence and car, or be looking to get one as soon as possible.
Application and recruitment process:
1. Apply online with a covering letter and CV – the deadline for applications is Friday 1st February 2019.
2. Interview and assessment day– if you are selected you will be invited to attend Renishaw's New Mills site. You will have an interview and an individual practical assessment. To be held in March 2019.
3. Offers will be made in April 2019.
Please note you must have the right to live and work in the UK/EU to apply.