What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To work as part of the school team to provide a safe, high quality early years environment for young children
- To work under the direct guidance of teaching staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner Apprenticeship
- This qualification is about enabling practitioners to step up into mentoring and supervising roles. There may be an opportunity to stay on at the same company and progress to the next level of apprenticeship and you may be able to study further
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Childcare (Grade Pass) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Early Years Educator (Grade Pass) Essential