Operations Apprentice at Blue Commodities
Blue Commodities are a fast-paced and agile organization that provides worldwide trade services. Brokering deals throughout the Middle East, North-West Europe, Mediterranean and West Africa regions with a view of Russian, Latam, US and Eastern Arbitrage Markets.
You will be working as an operator within the exciting oil side of the business, where attention to detail is a must.
The role will include vessel tracking, creating contracts and invoices for clients, and being a pivotal part of the team for each deal. Your work time will be split between home and their amazing office based a few minutes from Oval station.
Blue Commodities are a growing organisation and this is an amazing time to be joining their team. They take pride in developing their people for our future ambitions and would love for you to be part of that journey.
- Learning and developing contract execution skills involving; understanding and writing Broker contracts and following operational procedures internally and externally.
- Processing invoices to customers and following up on payments.
- Entering transactions into the financial systems and reconciling between financial and operational systems.
- Providing a link between the physical oil operations and financial teams.
- Producing various daily reports for the Broking teams.
- Following notable vessels and physical cargoes on the water and providing the teams with updated positions
You’ll need to attend an online Zoom screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch!) and pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Written Skills
- Communication skills – verbal and listening.
- The ability to communicate at all levels both within the organisation and externally
- Good telephone manner
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Basic IT knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Team player