Technical Support Apprentice at Livability
As a Technical Support apprentice at Livability, you will provide 1st level support for all business systems. You'll also provide fantastic customer service during all aspects of technical support for Victoria School as well as supporting related technical systems including printers, access control, mobile phones, audiovisual equipment, etc.
- Being friendly, patient, and helpful in all dealings with end users' technical requirements.
- Keeping the service desk tickets up-to-date.
- Respond to IT incidents, problems, and requests resolving them in line with agreed levels of service and to the user’s satisfaction recording all information as required by local IT processes.
- Support users in using standard office systems and other software in use across Victoria School and Livability.
- Set up, maintain, and remove user accounts, file sharing, and mailboxes as required and in line with audit and security policies and procedures.
- Install software, download, and apply updates and patches in line with agreed policy and procedures.
- Install and configure desktop hardware and build/configure/install in line with procedures.
- Configure and support mobile devices, including phones, smartphones, and laptops.
- Develop knowledge of specific aspects of Livability systems.
- Support continuous improvement of Victoria School services, systems, and processes through improved quality management and documentation.
- To carry out additional duties and tasks that may be required within the range of the responsibilities of the post.
You’ll need to attend an online Zoom screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch!) and pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of WIFI and the internet is desirable.
- An interest in a career in IT support and customer service.
- An interest in computers, the internet, and mobile devices.
- Strong customer service orientated mindset.
- A desire to learn, qualify and build a career in the IT industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus.
- Drive and determination.
- Desire to develop personal skills and knowledge to keep abreast of current technology.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a process.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work on own and as part of the team.
- Willingness to be flexible.