What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the chef in preparation and cooking of a healthy balanced diet for children
- To maintain hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen and dining area to a 5* standard
- Is responsible to the Nursery manager and Nursery chef
Duties and responsibilities
- To support the cooking and prepare a selection of hot and cold meals, snacks and puddings with accordance to the company's menu
- To contribute to the hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen area, working with all the health and safety guidelines
- To follow the company's relevant policies and procedures
- To develop good relationships with the parents and carers
- To have a knowledge of food allergens and safe food preparation and meet all the dietary requirements of the children
- To understand your responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding procedures and ensure they are always followed
- To undertake any further training and development needed to carry out the role, keep up to date with apprenticeship training and have a good attitude to self-development and progression
At Kiddi Caru, you will be working towards a production chef Level 2 apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.