What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice, you will be exposed to a variety of exciting new Engineering opportunities across the UK.
Joining our engineering teams means developing your career and being part of something special. We engineer for a safer future, to connect communities and to leave a lasting legacy. We find sustainable ways to work, constantly exploring new challenges and driving innovative change throughout our industry.
Your main duties we including the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Using engineering computer software such as AUTOCAD to develop detailed project blueprints
- Collaborating with professionals such as Architects and Engineers or clients
- Enforcing engineering, local and legal regulations like health and safety protocols on-site
- Resolving design and development problems
- Using computer modelling software to analyse surveys and mapping data
- Preparing project bids and reports
- Working on-site in all weathers or in an office
The Construction Site Engineering Technician Apprenticeship includes an HNC in Civil Engineering and will teach you the skills required to achieve Technician status with the Institution of Civil Engineers (EngTech MICE).
The apprenticeship will be delivered at London South Bank University on a daily release programme and for the other 4 days you will be at work.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Within Kilnbridge we would expect successful candidates to progress on to Civil Engineering Degree Apprentices.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any Subject (Grade CCC) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Civil Engineering (Grade Pass) Essential