What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Becoming a member of our estimating team, reviewing job specific info with the aim of establishing costs prior to issuing tenders to our clients
- Obtaining costs and measuring works allowing cost info to be used when bidding for work
- The day-to-day contact will be James Jones
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment
- One day at DCG and the rest of the week at the work place
- Senior Estimator
- Project Manager
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4) Essential Things to consider
28 days holiday including bank holidays. Driving licence will be required. If the candidate does not have a licence, it will be expected this to be gained asap and soon after the 17th Birthday. Travel to site to view works anywhere in the UK.