What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice, you will be exposed to a variety of exciting new Engineering opportunities across the UK.
Joining the Kilnbridge commercial team means developing your career and being part of something special. We engineer for a safer future, to connect communities and to leave a lasting legacy. We find sustainable ways to work, constantly exploring new challenges and driving innovative change throughout our industry.
Your main duties we including the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe
- Negotiating labour contracts and schedules
- Advising clients and crew on legal matters and disputes
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material needs, including any changes which may impact costs
- Preparing labour and supplier accounts for payment
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress for clients
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a quantity surveying apprentice at Kilnbridge once you successfully complete your apprenticeship you will gain the formal academic qualification (HNC Construction) and would have developed the knowledge, skills and behaviours associated with the Construction Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship
- The apprenticeship will be delivered at London South Bank University on a daily release programme and for the other 4 days you will be at work
- Within Kilnbridge we would expect successful candidates to progress on to the BSc Quantity Surveying Degree Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any Subject (Grade CC) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Quantity Surveying (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
The role consists of travelling to various other sites.