What will the apprentice be doing?
- First line support and bug troubleshooting
- Perform and contribute to QA tests
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Meeting with the development and operation teams to discuss requirements
- Writing and repairing computer code and scripts
- Performing trials, testing and quality checks to ensure strong functionality and optimisation
- Maintaining, supporting systems and improving the performance of existing software and the Azure Cloud infrastructure
- Keeping detailed records of development processes and produce documentation
Responsibilities you will be working towards:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support and maintain the deployment pipeline (CI/CD)
- Contribute with improvements on monitoring and alerting on Azure Cloud
- Developing back-end applications and API's
- Creating servers, containers, and databases for functionality
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Create testing frameworks and documentation
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Staying abreast of developments in cloud applications and programming languages
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business' needs
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure
- Build and operate a Continuous Integration (CI) capability
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration
- Use security tools and techniques for software development
- Evolve and define IT architecture
- Follow test driven development and ensure appropriate coverage
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Willingness to learn, Cloud development, Appreciation of software, Good work ethic, Enthusiastic, Desire to succeed, Understanding database design, Be industrious, Help others succeed Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Free on-site car parking. 2 cafés. Amazing office location with beautiful grounds. 25 days holiday per year. Gaining a unique technical skill set. Internal promotions. Flexible hours. Development opportunities. Fast growing organisation. Multi-cultural international team. Customer base is globally renowned banking clientele. Travel to New York.