Laboratory Science Apprenticeship
- 24 months+
Our laboratory science higher apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to tackle a variety of scientific challenges working in our research and development or manufacturing laboratories – the heartbeat of our company.
We offer Laboratory Science Apprenticeships in either a manufacturing or a research & development (R&D) setting. The Laboratory Science apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a number of areas. These might include:
- Operating specialist laboratory equipment to test our products and raw materials
- Learning about the process each drug or product follows through to full scale manufacturing
- Microbiological & environmental sampling and testing
- Operating specialist equipment to develop new products
- Drug delivery
- Synthetic and analytical chemistry
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report writing
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- Studying for a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Chemical Science on our chemistry-based laboratory apprenticeship or a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Biological Science Technology on our biology-based apprenticeship. After completing the FdSc, most of our laboratory science apprentices go on to study for their BSc.
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK.