At Sharp Minds we take away the entire burden of communications planning and management – enabling you to concentrate on your business. We offer a portfolio of marketing and communications services delivered by experts hungry for our clients’ success and determined to drive it forward.
We devise and deliver solutions that our clients can’t access on their own, through a rare combination of capability and expertise that is invaluable to ambitious businesses. And we provide a central hub that can deliver all outsourcing needs as your business grows.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Level 3 Digital Marketing Apprenticeship.
£10,000 - £16,000 per annum.
To represent Sharp Minds communications, professionally and as a positive brand ambassador at all times:
- To clients, partners and suppliers
- Over the phone, in person and in writing
Duties include supporting different areas:
Social media (for both clients and Sharp Minds)
- Monitor news feeds for relevant stories
- Write social media posts about relevant stories
- Write social media posts to promote blogs and other content to drive engagement
- Schedule social media posts
- Respond to social media comments and messages
- Proactive interaction with followers and targets to build engagement and profiles
- Create and manage social marketing campaigns to meet agreed objectives
- Social media analytics, including compiling reports
- Email reports to clients
Digital marketing (for both clients and Sharp Minds)
- Create content in appropriate brand tone and voice, optimised for SEO
- Proofread content
- Upload, design and schedule blogs and other website content using a variety of content management systems
- Source and upload images, optimising for SEO
- Create e-newsletters (email marketing), including writing content, designing content, managing databases and sending campaigns
- Digital content and digital campaigns analytics, including emailing reports to clients
- Google Analytics/GA4 of Sharp Minds and client websites
- Maintain Sharp Minds portfolio of work
Public relations (for both clients and Sharp Minds)
- Email press releases to journalists, bloggers and online editors
- Submit client content to online listings in appropriate formats
- Make follow-up calls to journalists, bloggers and online editors
- Check coverage online and in print
- Maintain campaign spread sheets; email reports to clients
Other responsibilities include:
Business Administration Support:
- Answer the telephone, dealing with calls efficiently and appropriately
- File paperwork
- File expenses, including recording mileage
- Scanning and photocopying, storing digital and printed files systematically
- Upload and update contact details of clients, prospects, media, suppliers and collaborators
- Maintain and create databases and spreadsheets
- Maintain digital files and folders
- Source and order supplies
- Project co-ordination: chase contractors and clients for signed agreements and revised content
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors as necessary, including inviting to tender, confirming bookings, confirming invoicing procedures and liaising between the sub-contractor and the client.
What we are looking for:
- Blogging experience
- Confident at using social media
- Great communication skills
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- The learner must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- 2 week’s paid sick leave, 1-week paid dependents’ leave, 28 days annual leave including bank holidays + an extra day off for your birthday
- Paid car parking space for staff coming into the office 3+ days a week (pro rata paid parking for staff coming into the office less than three times a week)
- Pension for qualifying staff
- TN Card membership (rewards in local independent stores)
Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to gain full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.