Redefine the boundaries of ambition
This is our purpose. This is our promise. This is our legacy.
At Mace, we’re global experts in shaping the built environment – helping to lead the way to a more connected, resilient and sustainable world. From development and consultancy, to construction and operations, we connect expertise across the entire property lifecycle to help our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible.
Glass ceilings? Smashed.
Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management consultancy service supporting the development and implementation of major transport projects, we provide a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a well-proven formula for delivery.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome. As an agile, focused and flexible partner, we adopt a value-driven strategy to define and articulate project objectives, before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
As an apprentice in Project Management in the Aviation sector, you will work on complex Aviation programmes working closely with clients and consultants through key stages of the construction lifecycle.
You will gain exposure to both consultancy and construction delivery. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Being involved in the preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Providing support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractors design submissions throughout the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress in line with KPIs, cost and programme and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Contribute to successful railway system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties.
- Monitoring the quality of works completed on site and helping to deal with any issues that need resolving
This role will be based at Manchester Airport. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
The start date for this programme is September 2023.
Professional qualifications and membership
On this programme you’ll work towards completing a five-year Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Project Management) apprenticeship, where you’ll achieve a BSc (Hons) Construction Management degree. We’ll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
We’re looking for ambitious people who want to make a difference in the world. Proactive people who aren’t afraid of barriers, innovate, and have a genuine passion for service excellence. And those who embody the same values, behaviours and competencies as us to proudly move our industry forward:
Values – safety first, client focus, create opportunity, and integrity
Behaviours – curious, collaborators, contributors, and champions
Competencies – build effective teams, embrace change, solve problems, and build trusted relationships
You’ll also need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above, including Maths and English, as well at least 96 UCAS points.
What’s in it for you
At Mace, we see every challenge as an opportunity to dream bigger and bring ambitions to life. When you start your journey with us, you’ll get structured on-the-job training and real responsibility, right from the get-go. With support from industry-leading colleagues, and a wealth of exposure to the variety of services we offer our clients, we’ll invest in you and your future. No holding back.
As well as benefiting from our development programme, we offer:
- Competitive salary + fully funded qualification + professional membership
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 additional ‘Mace Days’ off + 3 days paid Christmas shutdown
- One volunteering day a year
- Company pension (with up to 7% employer contribution)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance cover
- Annual health screening
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounts and savings for retailers, gyms, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, etc.
- A number of other flexible benefits
Our ways of working
At Mace, we believe agile working plays an important part in creating an inclusive work culture and maintaining a diverse and productive workforce, and we’re committed to giving people more choice about how and where they work through our agile working policy.
The amount of time you’ll need to spend in the office, at project locations, client sites or other locations will depend on your role, with the recognition that working around other people will be key to your development and an invaluable way for you to get to know our business and your colleagues. Our programmes take a hybrid approach of remote and in-person learning, with some roles involving more travel to client sites than others.
A world of opportunity
Here at Mace, you have the power to create a long-lasting and diverse career. From London to Hong Kong, New York to Nairobi, we work with clients around the world to shape cities and build sustainable communities that meet the needs of the future.
Upon completion of our graduate or apprenticeship programme, using our internal Global Opportunities Portal, you can uncover and apply for your next adventure. Whether you’re looking to travel the world, or step into a new sector, there’s plenty of opportunity for you to explore.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – accepting and appreciating all views and beliefs and providing an environment for ideas to come alive. We welcome everyone who shares the Mace values, regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Drawing on a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and expertise to challenge convention is our strength. It’s the reason why we continue to grow and it’s the secret to how we’ve built some of the world’s most renowned buildings.
Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team. You can read our diversity and inclusion strategy here.
Help us shape the world of tomorrow
If you’d like to develop a rewarding career and be part of helping our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible, apply today via the link below. We recruit on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the stronger chance you’ll have.