What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Building Services Engineer you will be involved in the project management of all MEP related services and any other interfacing trades. Apprentices will be given the opportunity to experience all sectors of the business to gain a solid understanding of the industry whilst become competent and well-rounded in all aspects. Apprentices are given the opportunity to work on exciting projects in and around London gaining experience of managing MEP systems. Modern buildings are full of complex engineering systems from heating and cooling to lighting control, audio visual, IT, power systems as well as Building Management Systems; these systems make up the heart of every building.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being an integral part of the project delivery team specialising in technical services.
- Developing and Implementing MEP strategies on a project from pre-construction to post completion.
- Actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders including clients, local communities, team members and suppliers.
- Find solutions to any problems that arise in the construction phase.
- Assisting in procurement of the integral parts and packages associated with building services.
- Advising the design teams on co-ordination and pre-fabrication of services within building design.
- Assisting in planning and programming building services within the construction programme
- Management of sub-contractors/ trades
- Management of health & safety on site
- Assisting with the production of monthly project audits and reports
- Delivering building service engineering for a range of different buildings and clients
- Commissioning management and witnessing
- Testing integrated systems including building control sign off
- Assist in gaining practical completion
- Managing project close out and the defect period.
This role will be based at Heathrow Airport. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The MEP Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Building Services Engineering Senior Technician L4 which consists of work-based experience and training.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We'll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential