Apprentice Swim Teacher
Chesham Leisure Centre in Chesham, Buckinghamshire is looking for Apprentice Swimming Teacher. If you love Swimming, this apprenticeship could help you build a career out of your passion.
GLL is the UK's largest operator of public leisure facilities, an industry leader, operating more than 140 pools and teaching 180,000 pupils per week. This 13 month apprenticeship will give you the skills and knowledge to not only work as a fully qualified Swim Teacher with GLL at one of our Better Leisure Centres , but also an all-round understanding of our Swim School Programme and other aspects of leisure including Lifeguarding, operations and activity leadership. During this apprenticeship, you'll be fully supported by your mentor as you work towards your Level 2 Activity Leadership, Level 1 and Level 2 Swim Teaching qualifications which will allow you to work as a Swim Teacher.
You'll need to:
- Be friendly - you'll be helping lots of customers from all backgrounds, ages and abilities
- Be hard-working - our leisure centres open weekends and early mornings (don't worry, you won't have to do them all the time!)
- Enjoy learning - we'll train you to get a range of different qualifications
- Be passionate - you'll love sport and be interested in the business of sport
- Have basic coaching experience - we don't expect you to be an expert but some experience will stand you in good stead, particularly experience working with children and young adults
- Have basic IT skills - you'll learn everything about booking systems to various types of software
- Have good communication skills - both written and verbal. This is essential, not only for your learning and development, but will help you to deal with customers and colleagues alike
- Have good organisation skills - being able to plan and prepare for lessons
These apprenticeships are based in Better Leisure Centres, which are run by GLL - the UK's largest leisure operator - so if you're hard-working and pass your apprenticeship, you'll have the opportunity to build a long-term career with us.
In return, we offer:
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted membership at our Better Leisure Centres
- Free uniform
- Competitive salary
- Ride to Work scheme
Apply now and see how far you can go with a Better Apprenticeship.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.
GLL is the UK’s largest leisure and cultural services provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.