To provide excellent customer service through delivering the schuh customer service values. Maintain high standards of presentation & display and efficiently handle stock, cash and administration.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES
• Deliver service that meets our customers’ individual needs & always exceeds their expectations.
Show personality & choose the right attitude in order to deliver unrivalled service.
• Care & respect customers & your colleagues at all times.
• Acknowledge & greet customers and be aware of them at all times
• Welcome customer interruptions, listen to what every customer wants and always be happy to help.
• Move fast & react quickly to customer needs including telephone queries.
• Politely deal with customer complaints and make customer led decisions to help to find the right solution.
• Acquire a sound knowledge of the product range including features & benefits. Show the customers what you know.
• Always offer alternatives when the customer's first choice is not available and promote
complimentary or additional items.
• Positively promote the Company’s customer order service remembering that we want to make the sale.
MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY
• Acquire a sound knowledge of store layout and merchandising techniques.
• Merchandise and present products on all types of fixture considering Company guidelines and best use of ticketing and graphics.
• Ensure all display products are priced correctly, kept clean, tidy and replenished at all times.
CASH HANDLING & ADMINISTRATION
• Use the till and understand Company procedures for accepting all types of payment and all necessary administration.
• Understand the correct method for processing refunds and exchanges in accordance with the Company refund policy.
STOCK MANAGEMENT STOCK MANAGEMENT MANAGEMENT
• Receive, unpack, check and put away stock deliveries quickly.
• Carry out stock counts and implement price changes quickly and accurately.
• Organise the transfer of stock to other locations, completing the correct paperwork/admin.
• Ensure all stock is stored properly & safely and stockrooms are kept clean & tidy.
• Take action to observe security procedures and minimise stock loss.
COMMERCIAL AWARENESS COMMERCIAL AWARENESS
• Know the store sales plans & other key targets.
• Make suggestions to improve store performance.
• Be aware of best and worst selling lines and give feedback on product.
• Know the competition.
• Understand and comply with the Company's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
• Understand and comply with all other company policies including Dignity at Work & Social Media policies.
• Carry out further duties as required by Store Management.
What will I learn?
Along with gaining experience in the retail sector you will be working towards your Modern apprenticeship to achieve your SCQF 5 in retail. This qualification covers areas such as health and safety, teamwork, customer service and sales. There are a wise range of optional units reflecting the diversity of this sector and multi-channel nature of the modern retail business.
What qualification or qualities are required?
For this position you must have good communication skills, confident in working both in a team and individually, be reliable, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to learn