What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Managing the administrative process to support operational staff and assisting with management information requirements as appropriate.
- Attend meetings, including minute taking, and provide advice and guidance to clients on procurement matters.
- Operate IT Systems (e.g., our clients procurement portals and the GBS time recording system).
- Providing helpdesk services by answering queries received from our customers or suppliers received through MS Teams or email.
- Following training, manage and owning a portfolio of tender competitions that comply with our customers' policies, government rules and best practice, including the development of procurement documentation.
- Support clients by carrying out contract monitoring activities and assisting procurement staff with contract management when required.
- Adhering to the performance management system to ensure their performance meets business objectives.
- Provide accurate and up to date reporting information on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other Management Information (MI)as appropriate.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will study for the Commercial Procurement and Supply - Level 4 qualification
- The CIPS qualification will be delivered through the Apprentice Academy Online
- The Procurement Apprentice will be required to attend 26 online workshops in order to complete the qualification
- Progress updates and exam results will be shared with line managers throughout the duration of the training
- At the end of your 2 year apprenticeship, you will obtain a Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply and be in a position to continue onto Level 5
Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship, we would want you to take up a Procurement Officer role with GBS Procure, with further progression dependent on performance and your ambition. In addition, we will support you to achieve CIPS Level 5 & 6, right up to Chartered Status.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Project Management Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Level 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent in two relevant subjects (Grade C and above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Business & Finance (Grade Level 3 and above) Essential Things to consider
The role will be office based in Kenilworth, and you would be expected to work in the office at least 4 days per week. This will ensure we give you maximum support and there is someone available to assist with your development.