What will the apprentice be doing?
Key responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Bookkeeping and data processing
- Data management and organisation
- Maintenance and set up of new client records
- Payroll processing
- VAT return preparation
- Financial administration
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and supporting computations
- Preparation of personal tax returns and supporting computations
- Supporting clients with accounting software
- Regular, appropriate communication with clients through conversations, emails, letters and face to face meetings
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- End Point Assessment will be required to achieve the apprenticeship
You must be competent in manual double-entry bookkeeping and have completed the Level 3 Assisting Accountant Apprenticeship or the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting qualification.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are keen to support and develop individuals through to fully qualified accountants and this progression is actively encouraged.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent in English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
A Level or equivalent qualifications (Grade A*-C) Desired Things to consider
Accountancy is deadline driven and occasionally there may be times where late finishes or early starts are required to ensure deadlines are met. **Do not contact the employer directly.** Please contact Gemma Wilson or Steph Ross on 01480 422060 if you have any queries when making your application. *Please note, the employer reserves the right to close this vacancy before the closing date if sufficient applications are received. Please apply early to avoid potential disappointment *The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is £4.81 per hour as of 01/04/2022. This applies to 16-18 year olds and those aged 19+ in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices, the NMW appropriate to their age applies. The NMW for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. More information is available at: www.direct.gov.uk/employment/employees/thenationalminimum wage/dg_10027201