Level 3 Apprenticeship Senior Production Chef - Haslemere
- ASK Italian
- £10.00 per hour, plus tips and benefits, increasing in line with training
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Start Date
ASK Italian Level 3 Apprenticeship Senior Production Chef
At ASK Italian our mission is simple, we want people to do more than eat Italian food, we want them to eat like an Italian – to enjoy the entire experience, escaping from the day to day, connecting with friends and family and of course enjoying great Italian food.
If you’re interested in creating amazing, authentic Italian dishes, from beautiful ingredients and serving our customers with style, this could be the start of something special. We respect the people we serve, we drive family values and love the environment we work in.
The starting rate of pay is £10.00 per hour - we don’t use apprentice rates of pay! Plus tips and benefits, along with pay rises throughout your journey as you climb your career ladder.
We offer a bespoke level 3 apprenticeship programme to launch your career with ASK Italian. We will teach you all about our business with the opportunity to gain a full time Sous Chef Role. Our CEO started out as a Team Member – where will your career take you?
Your role will include:
- Demonstrating a passion for people, great service, and amazing food.
- Working together with our front of house team.
- Making sure the kitchen is fully prepared for service in line with cleaning, audit and brand standards.
- Working with and within all sections of the kitchen, creating our amazing dishes to company standards.
- Working in line with all food safety, health and safety, allergen and cleaning standards.
- Assist with all preparation including, deliveries, defrosting, labelling and storage.
- Safely close the kitchen and other back of house areas.
As an ASK Italian Chef we’ll give you:
- Full training into role and great opportunities for career development, including a fully accredited and industry recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate as a Senior Production Chef.
- Fantastic hourly rate, in line with our restaurant roles every step of the way, with a share of the tips on top.
- 50% discount at ASK Italian and Zizzi restaurants (including drinks!)
- Free meals on shift with a heavily discounted menu range too.
- New dress code provided, including shoes.
- 28 days paid holiday, pro rata.
- ASK Italian are closed on Christmas day, meaning you’ll be able to spend Christmas exactly as you choose.
- Access to wages earned through Wagestream,
- Well-being and GP support for yourself and your family,
- Discounts on loads of lifestyle brands including Cinema and Travel,
- You’ll be part of a great team, creating and enjoying fantastic experiences and making friends for life!
As an ASK Italian Chef we’ll ASK you to:
- Have a huge passion for our Italian food, with the desire to learn and deliver our fabulous menu.
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail and a drive for excellent standards.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship course, you’ll continue at ASK Italian full time in your role. Going forward, you can follow our career path to become a Sous Chef and beyond! With our amazing training, including our Italian Education and our fantastic development programme, we’re the perfect place to keep growing.
The key to our success is the ASK Factor – meaning we are confident, engaging and we love to be a bit cheeky, so come join us, and be a part of our team!
Founded in 1993, ASK Italian is a family of 65 restaurants across the UK. We may not be a traditional trattoria, but we’re connected by a love of Italy, great food and sociable mealtimes, just like a big unconventional family. We invite customers to enter our restaurants and leave behind the daily grind, welcomed by our teams and inspired by our interiors.
Join us and you’ll be supported 100% in your career journey, whatever route you take and however far you’d like to go. With us you’ll enjoy being part of our family. We care deeply, look out for each other and work together to be the best we can be.
Our values and beliefs are packed full of Italian attitude and underpin everything we do.
Heartfelt – We genuinely love what we do and believe in what we say.
Respectful – We care about how we make people feel and our impact on the world around us.
Generous – We’ll go that extra mile to make a difference.
Spirited – We’re determined, always moving forward to be the best we can be.
Here at ASK Italian, we want you to feel at home.
We take our inspiration from the Italian way of life, putting our heart and soul into the details. So that when you come to our restaurants, you can relax, unwind and be yourself.
We call it full-hearted Italian.
It means that we’re heartfelt and we love what we do.
We’re spirited, fuelled by the boldness of Italy and determined to be the best we can be.
We’re generous, always going the extra mile with little surprises and considerate touches.
And just as we take care of the little things, we care about the big things too. How we make people feel, and our impact on the world around us.
Although we may be a large family of restaurants across the UK, every ASK serves it’s own unique community. Many of our restaurants feature bespoke artwork; created to reflect the spirit of the community and drawing on the beauty of an Italian counterpart. Every one different but all with the same warm Italian welcome.
Your local ASK Italian is a place where you can celebrate moments that are part of your everyday and moments you’ll treasure forever – from catch-ups to triumphs, milestones and emotional reunions.
Our food always begins with inspiration from Italy – maybe an ingredient, a tradition or a well-loved dish. Our menu is as diverse as the people who come through our doors. From great Italian classics with added ‘wow’, to non-gluten pizzas and vegan swaps that even the meat-eaters love.
Being influenced by Italy doesn’t just mean Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh tomatoes (although we’re pretty passionate about those too). We like to add a few bold and playful touches, like the Italians themselves. So, we bring you the classics with a twist; putting a dollop of purple basil pesto on our pasta or finishing a decadent dessert with extra sauce. It’s all part of creating life-affirming moments around the table that lift your mood and lighten your load.
WE VALUE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
If you’re passionate and enthusiastic about Italy, Italian food and culture, this could be the start of something special. We respect the people we serve, we drive family values and love the environment we work in.
We’re always on the look-out for people with drive, personality, ambition and plenty of spirit. The key to our success is the ASK Factor – meaning we are confident, engaging and we love to be a bit cheeky – does this sound like you? And, with award-winning training, we’re also a fantastic place to grow!
The ASK Italian Apprenticeship Programme guides you every step of the way to become a future leader of the business. Whether your passion is being with our customers, or creating our incredible Italian dishes, you will receive a nationally recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate and step into the role of Assistant Manager or Sous Chef.
So come join us, and be a part of our team!
3rd Floor, Capital House
25 Chapel Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert