You will be working towards a Project Management qualification whilst working as part of the Grosvenor London Estate's Service Performance Team (SPT). The SPT are responsible for managing all maintenance provisions across the London Estate, including the delivery of small projects.
Time will be shared on rotations between:
- The Major Works Team (MW) - Responsible for the management of the delivery of Grosvenor's planned preventative maintenance 10-year plan and delivering ad-hoc small and medium development project work.
- The Energy Saving Fund Portfolio (ESF) - Responsible for the delivery of small retro-fit projects across the estate, to improve building performance and help reduce Grosvenor's carbon omissions.
- The SMDP Team (SMDP) - Responsible for the delivery of small and medium development projects, across Mayfair and Belgravia, generating rental income, development profit on cost, and supporting Grosvenor's 2030 environmental and sustainability objectives.
Grosvenor offers a hybrid approach to working.
To learn and assist with the undertaking of the responsivities set out below:
- To learn and assist on the preparation of detailed specification for construction work and contract documents.
- To learn the benefits and techniques of assessing tender submission and undertake tender analysis.
- To develop an understanding of how to prepare project accounts and financial management and undertake the preparation of accounts for small and medium projects.
- To learn how to undertake basic surveys of properties and understand the benefit of running a 10-year Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- To understand and work within health & safety, and statutory fire requirements when running projects.
- To work with members of the projects management teams to support and carry out ad-hoc surveys, project performance, financial, and project and portfolio reports.
- To help support the delivery of the Major Works, ESF, and SMDP project portfolios.
- To learn how to: establish client briefs; appoint and manage consultants & contractors; coordinate design development; obtain planning and/or listed building consent; manage projects successfully through the RIBA Stages, including procurement; and support projects through the Grosvenor Gateway Approval Process.
- To learn all relevant statutory requirements for construction and facilities management projects when they are relevant and how to apply them to projects.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure the successfully delivery of projects.
- To assist in monitoring fabric, maintenance & electrical repairs and liaising with suppliers and tenants.
- To learn risk, programme, and cost management, across a range for projects
- Reviews existing ways of working and identify opportunities for contributing to sustainability, innovation, and Grosvenor Property, Place, and Partner of choice initiative. Other tasks will include specific research activities or initiatives as required, to support the MW, SMDP and ESF Portfolios.