What will the apprentice be doing?
Support the team within the bounds of the Procurement Lifecycle not limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The preparation of tenders and proposals
- Applying legal terms & pricing models
- Applying commercial and business acumen
- Developing the rules and regulations
- Understanding supply chain markets
- Evaluating and awarding supplier offers
- Managing the final agreements
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, individuals will have achieved the CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply, a globally recognised qualification
- Training will be a combination of on the job and off the job
- The off the job element will include classroom style learning and revision days as well as one to one tutor sessions
- Study guides, eBooks and eLearning will be provided
Once training for the Apprentice Assistant Procurement Manager has been completed, the role will convert to the Assistant Procurement Manager. Levels above this are Procurement Manager then Senior Procurement Manager through to Head of Procurement.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential