What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in Learning and Development within the People team, in a fast-paced, innovative and forward thinking digital and innovation organisation. Our vision is to become an inclusive learning organisation, where everyone has the chance to develop and grow their career through diverse learning experiences and opportunities. We want to develop our organisational capabilities so that we can grow our knowledge and skills to accelerate our growth and achieve our business goals.
- Supporting our People Advisor with facilitating our DC onboarding programme to ensure the best possible new joiner experience
- Learning and development budgeting and updating systems, PO's and managing invoices
- Supporting the DC Performance Management process: check-ins, data for reporting and following up on learning needs
- Training evaluation and reporting with a view to continuous ongoing improvement in our L&D initiatives and selection of suppliers and partners
- Manager Academy - managing the comms, booking rooms, issuing calendar invites, evaluation and engagement with our Manager community
- Responsibility for the review and management of DC’s compliance training using various online tools and systems
- Be the expert and super user to further develop our Learning Management system: evaluating and developing content, creating engagement internally with online learning, gathering data for reporting to ensure learning evaluation and monitoring of OKRs
- Supporting learning campaigns such as Learning at Work week and encouraging engagement with learning programmes
- Apprenticeship programmes: supporting attraction, selection, development, launch and onboarding of apprentices
- Maintaining relationship with learning partners and apprenticeship providers
- Support out L&D Business Partner in booking training courses and meeting rooms and ad hoc tasks to ensure training is delivered to all employees.
- Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of People team activities, including the facilitation of training
- Work with the People team to carry out research for each function to determine new initiatives and new ways of working.
- Participate in People led events and provide thoughts and insights to enhance the events
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learning and Development (Level 5)
- Functional Skills if required
- You will be taking part in 6 hours within the working week of off the job training which will take place online
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to progress into a full-time position within the business once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Things to consider
Please note. You must have previous experience within either a HR or Learning and Development position or hold a HR Level 3 or Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development qualification to be able to progress to the next stage. The ideal apprentice will have some HR or learning and development experience. You can demonstrate a genuine interest in HR / Learning and Development and are excited by Digital Catapult’s mission and purpose
Apprenticeship standard Learning and development consultant business partner
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)