The Grange Practice is a primary care NHS provider based in Ramsgate. We deliver patient care to a population size of over 12,000. The Grange Practice also delivers an ultrasound service from the surgery.
Travel Information: Short walk to Dumpton Station. On a bus route and free parking on Street.
Description of vacancy
As a receptionist/customer service administrator you will spend time across different areas of the business, including front and back reception. You will meet and greet patients in a pleasant and professional manner. You will learn about the different functions undertaken by the administration team and develop your skills to be able to complete these tasks.
As a busy GP Practice you will be required to get involved in all aspects of customer service to support our patients and our office team.
Duties will include:
- Provide excellent customer service via e-mail, telephone and internal messaging systems
- Day to day use of Microsoft Office- Outlook, Word, Excel and other business specific IT systems
- Reception duties including face to face meet and greet service to customers
- Provide customers with advice, guidance and support
- Helping with customer issues
- Data input/organising/reporting/scanning
- Working closely with other departments to ensure everything is managed accurately
£214.97 per week
37 hours per week (paid)
Monday to Friday
Hours to be confirmed with the successful candidate dependent on travel arrangements. Hours will be between 8 - 6 with 1 hour unpaid lunch and a day for study.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft office skills
- Accuracy/Attention to detail
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Driven and determined individual
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike, from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards