Who you’ll be working for:
BrightCloud Ltd is a Managed Service Provider (MSP), providing IT outsourcing and hosting services to the SME sector. We offer a wide range of Managed Services and support technology from such companies as Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Cisco and Veeam.
What’s in it for you:
As an apprentice, you will be given sufficient time during working hours to keep on top of your course requirements. This will likely take the form of either a number of half days or full days away from service desk duties (the exact format is to be confirmed).
You will be responsible for:
- Triaging incoming service requests, both via telephone and email.
- Communicating with our clients verbally (via telephone) and written (via emails/tickets).
- Maintaining client expectations by providing regular updates on ticket statuses and outlining expected response times.
- Monitoring and maintaining the support email queue.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues remotely.
- Performing daily reviews of backup statuses and other system-critical functions.
- Creating and updating internal and client-facing documentation
We operate a Hybrid working policy (working from home and the Daventry office), so you must be able to make your own way to our offices in Daventry. Sadly, public transport is not great to Daventry, so this probably means you need to drive or live in/very near to Daventry.
Currently we work every other Wednesday in the office, but this is subject to change. Certainly during your initial training period, you will likely be office based for the first few weeks/months.
When working at home you are expected to have a suitable area to work at that is quiet and free from distractions as you will be talking to customers over the telephone. We will supply any required laptops, monitors, headsets and cameras. You will need to supply a reliable internet connection.
You will need the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to handle customers
- Passion for technology, solving problems and furthering your knowledge
- A high standard of written and verbal communication
BrightCloud believe in the following core values and recruit individuals who we believe hold these values demonstrated by their behaviours:
- Integrity – An honest and trusted business with customers’ best interests at heart.
- Expert – Excellent skills, continually improved through training and experience.
- Caring – A friendly business passionate not only about technology but customer service too.
- Dependable - Consistently delivering on our promises.
- Visionary - Innovatively employing technology to meet the next business challenge.
- Teamwork – People working together successfully and in harmony striving to achieve common goals.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week. Our Service Desk operates between the hours 08:00 – 18:00, Monday - Friday. The team works on a 2-shift basis (08:00 - 16:30 and 09:30 - 18:00 with 1 hour lunch), which is rotated each week.
Subject to the satisfactory completion of your apprenticeship you will offered a full-time role as a Service Desk Engineer.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.