What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be selling company's products by identifying leads and attending customer appointments.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working together within the small sales team to assist with all sales enquiries visiting new and existing customers across the UK with office days to prepare appointment packs
- Arranging appointments and discussing quotes/revisions with customers
- Work closely with Operations and Design departments to ensure process and procedures are followed to enhance the customer experience
- To accurately collect and record all measurements at the appointment stage required in order for the design team to prepare a full design and quotation that meets customer brief
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events
- Work with Managing Director to promote the company through its social media platforms and collect /report feedback from customer satisfaction surveys
Driving licence is essential due to travelling within the role.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive the following training over 18 months to gain Level 4 Sales Executive qualification. This will be achieved on our premises with regular external assessments at the premises. Level 4 apprenticeships are equivalent to a foundation degree.To be accepted you should have a level 3 qualification, such as A-levels, or have completed an advanced apprenticeship.
- Understand your organisation's vision, values and capabilities, the principal goals of its overall strategy, and the specific objectives of its marketing and sales strategies. Know how to analyse your organisation's sales and marketing strategies and objectives and translate them into plans and actions for your role
- Service and identify the features and advantages of the product(s) and/or services(s) you sell, understand how these meet customer needs and examine how they compare to competitor's solutions. Understand the nature of your sector and the likely forthcoming changes to it. Understand the legal, regulatory, and ethical frameworks relating to your sector and role
- Understand how your market is segmented and how to target specific segments through effective product or service positioning
- Know how to analyse the macro and microenvironment of individual customers. Understand the challenges and purchasing motivations of your customers and the internal and external factors that impact their purchasing decisions. Understand expectations of what constitutes a high-quality customer experience
- Understand the principles of finance for sales, such as profit and loss, return on investment and budgeting
- Appreciate the impacts of different types of costs on the business and the drivers of profitable performance
- Understand the impact of any discount or variation in terms that you may offer
- Understands how to exploit digital technologies to aid the sales cycle
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Set effective targets using sales forecasts. Prioritise customers and activities to grow account value and maximise return-on-investment in line with your organisation's strategy. Formulate or refine customer plans and objectives. Create efficient territory plans where appropriate
- Effectively communicate and interpret customer information exchanged through written, verbal and non-verbal communication. Develop a customer engagement style that effectively opens sales conversations, builds rapport, enhances customer relationships, and adapts to different customer's social preferences
- Be highly skilled at effective questioning and active listening techniques to understand the customer's needs, guide the sales conversation appropriately, create mutual understanding, and build trust and affinity with customers
- Develop sales proposals and deliver them using a presentation style and technique appropriate for your customer
- Research the customer's likely desired outcomes and negotiating stance. Develop responses to likely objections. Identify your own organisation's needs, such as minimum price and acceptable terms. Negotiate or trade variables effectively
- Be attuned to verbal and non-verbal buying-signals and move to close at an appropriate point in sales conversations. Develop ethical techniques to close sales and confirm customers' purchase agreement
- Collect, analyse and interpret market intelligence and share it appropriately and effectively within your organisation
- Use and adapt appropriate tools and techniques to prioritise and manage your time effectively
- Contribute effectively within a team environment
A Sales Executive is a salesperson working in either the Business to Business or Business to Consumer markets with responsibility to sell a specific product line or service. They plan their sales activities, lead the end-to-end sales interaction with the customer and manage their sales internally within their organisation. They will be responsible for retaining and growing a number of existing customers accounts, and generating new business by contacting prospective customers, qualifying opportunities and bringing the sales process to a mutually acceptable close.
Typically, a Sales Executive will deal with a single point of contact for each sale and will present a pre-considered value proposition. A Sales Executive understands their organisation's product(s) or service(s) and will develop customer relationships by establishing rapport and building trust and confidence in their own and their organisation's capabilities through demonstration of product knowledge, competitor knowledge and of the market in which they operate, ensuring a positive customer experience.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent English (Grade 6 or above) Desired Things to consider
Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Work requires significant travel to current and potential clients. Full clean driving license is essential You need to enjoy working with others, and have tact and patience.