Passionate about tech and would love to build a flourishing career within the industry? This opportunity could be just what you’re looking for. Shirtbox is an e-commerce company selling its own designed t-shirts, hoodies, and fine art prints.
Shirtbox is looking for some technically savvy apprentices with a varied skillset, looking to expand their knowledge in a variety of several very practical areas, such as coding, advertising campaigns, and hardware diagnostics, to name just a few.
As an IT Support Apprentice, you’ll thrive on the dynamism and variety of a smaller but established online business and be willing to learn new concepts, skills and systems.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets, both in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Building and curating product listings including those on our main retail site, among other marketplaces via the use of Python scripts.
- Making and optimizing basic advertising campaigns for those product listings.
- Basic in-house IT Support when other members of staff are having technical issues.
- Hardware diagnostics and repairing computers, printers, and other devices.
- Writing and updating documentation on key parts of the job role.
- We may require assistance in the Customer Service department seasonally.
- The ability to touch-type.
- Moderate knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets.
- Although these skills are not required, any experience or willingness you have to learn these abilities will prove invaluable to our business.
- An understanding of Python versions 2 & 3 mainly, but other scripting and coding languages will not go amiss.
- Knowledge of databases, primarily in MySQL environments.
- Experience in Adobe apps, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
You will undertake the ground-breaking Professional Apprenticeships ICT Level 3 qualification. Professional Apprenticeships hold the title of Bristol and Bath Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year for 2021. They also boast the highest Ofsted rating, which only a select few training providers in the region have.
During this advanced apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as
- Data Security
- Hardware & Software
- Computer Networking and so much more.
The programme is designed to mould you into a high-level, all-rounded technician. You will learn in detail about:
- Cloud & Mobile Technologies
- Technical Problem Solving
- Advanced Data Security
- Computer Networks
- IT Communication & much more.
These modules are designed to jump-start your career and make you stand out in an increasingly competitive field, boosting your future earning potential.
- Team player
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress and specialise.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Onsite parking
- Social team-building activities
- Fantastic work environment – truly cares about its employee’s professional development
- Previously supported multiple successful apprentices.
- Guaranteed job upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
This apprenticeship promises to be rewarding and unique. You’ll get the exciting opportunity of working within a growing, e-commerce, clothing company while being personally mentored by the IT team, and an external, highly experienced IT professional from Professional Apprenticeships.
Aside from progressing your skills professionally, you’ll also be surrounded by a collaborative team that cares deeply about helping one another. Shirtbox is a long-time employer of apprentices, and their head of IT started as an apprentice himself 5 years ago!