Who you’ll be working for:
Apollo Technology is a privately owned company established in January 2010. We are based in Radstock, near Bath where we have brand new bespoke offices and workshop. We provide IT solutions to schools and education centres, as well as businesses usually within a 40 mile radius of Radstock.
What’s in it for you:
Our office is part of a modern development in Radstock with pleasant outlook onto pedestrian area with maintained planting. Outside seating provides a nice area to relax during breaks. There is free parking just a few minutes walk and local shops and food outlets. We also have access to a secure bicycle store. We do have full kitchen facilities and also a full size pool table which is used daily. We offer a company pension and holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying target audiences and growing our marketing list
- Organising email campaigns and other marketing projects
- Generating leads through a combination of emails, social media, website referrals, outbound and in-bound calls and other marketing events
- Cold calling people using a given phone directory to develop leads and enquiries
- Answering incoming calls from prospective customers
- Asking pertinent questions to understand the customer’s requirements
- Working on developing existing customer road maps, designing and installing new solutions
- Using Google Analytics and generating social insights and email reports
- Creating and maintaining marketing databases for lead generation
- Designing and implementing direct email marketing campaigns
- Proofreading emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Ensuring email templates are mobile-friendly
- Writing newsletters including all company updates using Mailchimp
- Upgrading our email templates using graphics, personalisation and advanced features
- Ensuring prompt and accurate communication with clients via email to minimise unsubscribes
- Analysing campaign performance and suggesting improvements whilst ensuring GDPR compliance, using Mailchimp
You will need the following skills:
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to think outside the box
- People skills
- Enjoy phone contact
- Keen on learning
- Knowledge of digital marketing and the communication channels we use is desirable
- Team player
- Keen on taking on new responsibilities
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- The learner must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week, 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
£12,000 - £16,000 per annum. Plus commission on sales.
The apprentice will be able considered as a real team member and they will be able to make a real impact in the company growth in terms of Digital Marketing and sales. After completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be offered a full-time position if we are the right fit for each other.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.