What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Providing technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers andpartners by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts
- Take ownership of technical issues and see incidents through to successful resolution
- Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Ensuring all tickets are resolved to a high level of client satisfaction
- Perform escalation of customer issues in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Logging support calls via telephone and email
- Work in collaboration with members of the sales and wider services team on project work
- Resolving 1st line incidents and requests
- Triage of support tickets
- Daily weekly system checks
This Professional Degree Apprenticeship is designed to produce future Digital and Technology Solutions Professionals and Leaders.
It has been awarded the Tech Industry Gold Accreditation by TechSkills, an organisation that brings together employers and universities to create highly skilled digital graduates.
The Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform learners into highly skilled tech professionals. The Degree Apprenticeship is available in four specialisms:
- Network Engineer
- Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Data Analyst
This programme develops core technical skills, knowledge and behaviours for the development of innovative digital solutions.
Further specialism modules offer opportunities to develop technical areas of relevance to the learners' roles.
Who it's a good fit for?
- New staff focussing on a plan to pursue a career associated with the technical department of the business
- Existing staff wishing to expand their skills and career together with gaining academic skills and qualifications while studying to degree level
- Existing staff that would benefit from a comprehensive personal development plan to advance their skills to a higher level
As part of their programme learners will complete:
- Fourteen learning knowledge modules teaching theory and practical application. These are primarily taught online and are supported by classroom training workshops. Five modules are taught at level 4, five at level 5 and four at level 6
- Work-based portfolios & projects will be completed at work, over the course of the programme to demonstrate practical abilities.
Microsoft Azure Certification
- As part of the professional practice, learners will be able to access Cloud Academy resources which will prepare them for taking official Microsoft certifications.
- An example route of this, for Data Analysts, would be for learners to complete the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals course in Level 4 and then the Microsoft Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure at level 5. Completion of both these exams would result in the learners completing the Microsoft learning journey of Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate.
At Level 6 there will be additional Microsoft preparation content available if the learner and employer feel that there is a specific need.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Interest in Cloud technologies, Multitasking skills Qualifications
A Level or equivalent 2 in similar subject (Grade Any) Desired
Other Apprenticeship in similar subject (Grade Level 3) Desired
Other BTEC Extended Diploma in similar subject (Grade Any) Desired
Other International Baccalaureate in similar subject (Grade Level 3) Desired Things to consider
Important Information: QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.