What will the apprentice be doing?
· To work closely with the design team to assist in resolving electro-mechanical design issues affecting manufacturing or customers.
· To undertake design updates and enhancements to existing products.
· To take part in structured problem-solving processes
· To help gather and analyse data to support root-cause analysis
· To work closely with the Development Department to undertake testing and evaluation of designs
· Undertake mechanical engineering design and apply appropriate standards to implement solutions.
· Planning, coordinating and conducting tests, and producing written technical reports based on the findings.
· Manufacturing prototype parts using both conventional and CNC (CAD/CAM) machining methods.
· Undertake electro-mechanical assembly.
The idea candidate will have:
· Sound practical bias
· Understanding of basic engineering theory and ability to apply it practically
· Experience of precision machined parts, castings, plastics, drive mechanisms and transmissions
· Ability and desire to learn new skills
· Professional approach
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Structured approach to planning and carrying out tasks
· Detailed and methodical approach to record keeping
· Ability to use own initiative to address problems and present solutions
· Attention to detail ability
· An understanding of own limitations with regards to safety of self and others, especially in connection with maintenance duties.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The learner will be studying the Level 6 Manufacturing Engineer Degree BSc (Hons) Apprenticeship standard qualification.
- Day release to West Suffolk College.
The opportunity to obtain permanent employment throughout Apprenticeship and on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Initiative Qualifications
BTEC or equivalent Engineering Level 3 (Grade DDD) Essential
AS Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C+) Essential Things to consider
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties that you may be required to perform and the company reserves the right to make amendments to the job description at any time, which may include adding or removing items from the list of duties outlined above. Recruitment Pack is to be attached separately.