What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the project manager on large projects
Provide project progress reports to thecustomer
Maintain the risk log
- Ensure project activities are concluded
- Produce accurate and detailed minutes and documentation for both the customer and internal processes
- Agree on project objectives with customers
- Organise the resources working on a project
- Making sure that all project objectives are met
- Overseeing the accounting, costing, and billing
- Ensuring change management is controlled
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Attend customer and internal meetings as required
- Maintain adequate contact with customers to ensure they are satisfied with all work delivered and if they are not satisfied take steps to resolve issues
- Perform internal project work as requested
- Help to develop and maintain documented procedures and standards as part of the Mysoft Business Process System (MBPS) as required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 Project Management Degree
- On this 4-year BSc (Hons) Project Manager Degree Apprenticeship course, you'll spend 1 day a week studying for your degree and the other 4 days in work. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees - so it doesn't cost you anything. Degree apprenticeships are suitable for anyone over 18, whether you've just finished school or college or you've already started your career
- The course is designed by employers for project management professionals, so you'll be learning relevant, up-to-date skills you can apply right away in your job. You'll get the skills you need to manage the people, funding and time spent on a project. You'll learn to lead or act as part of a team progressing project issues from initiation through to completion and develop the knowledge and competencies you need progress into more senior roles
- Project management is a growing profession with great career prospects. Studying this field could lead you to a successful career in industries such as construction, engineering, information technology, air transport, the armed forces, charities, government departments, hospital trusts, financial services, retailers and rail transport
Progression within the business to senior PM position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills Qualifications
A Level or equivalent A levels or BTEC Qualifications (Grade (Grade Grade Minimum 120 UCAS) Essential