What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the NPD Manager and Development Team with current projects and trend work, to react to briefs from the customer, and pro-actively be on the front foot in presenting new packaging ideas to the business. (Including CSR targets on sustainability)
- Creation of concept packaging in line with new product concepts
- Creation of packaging mock-ups for visits or samples as required, assisting with organising and prep for visits where required
- Management of packaging specs, requisition of new packaging specs and initiation of approval for packaging specs throughout the business for NPD Projects
- Requisition of cutter guides for new packaging or changes to existing packaging
- Completion of range briefing forms to communicate cutter guides and packaging details to the customer
- Communicate NPD packaging changes to the wider business
- Confirmation of FTP requirements and communication to the business, packaging suppliers, and printers
- To be the main contact with packaging suppliers for NPD samples and innovation, requesting samples, specifications, pricing and MOQ information
- Ensure the transfer of quality into the factory with the Process Team and on-going quality post launch
- Help to prepare specifications for new packaging and processes alongside the Process Development department
- Support with new launches for the Customer where applicable
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The degree award is BSc (Hons) Packaging Design and Technology
- You will be required to attend Sheffield Hallam University for a series of 4-day blocks spread over 4 years
This is an opportunity to expand knowledge base and become a subject matter expert within the packaging field, eventually becoming a leader in packaging at Park Cakes.
Things to consider:
- Flex in hours to suit the needs of the business during very busy periods, weekend work could be required but is very rare
- Induction and training programme given and applicable to the role, ongoing training also given
- Customer interaction especially with partners M&S
- References will be required
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science or Engineering (Grade BBC / Distinction Merit Merit) Essential Things to consider
SHU Progress provides support for applicants whose personal circumstances might mean that there are barriers to going to university such as care leavers, carers or applicants with disabilities (and 11 other groups). For more information on the scheme, including how to join, please visit the website: www.shu.ac.uk/SHUprogress