What will the apprentice be doing?
Our apprenticeship opportunity will allow you to earn while you study for a globally recognised academic qualification. As an apprentice, you'll study at Anglia Ruskin University on block release, combining your learning with real responsibilities at Crucis Designs. You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you through your professional development.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Production of engineering drawings and sketches
- Preparation of simple engineering calculations
- Assisting with the administration of projects
- Assisting with site inspections and surveys
For this apprenticeship opportunity, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- At least two A-levels at grades A*-C, which should include Maths and Science or their equivalent
- At least three GCSEs at grades A*-C or equivalent which must include Maths (grade B or above) and English
- An interest in the built environment
- Good level of mathematical understanding
- Ability to manage your own workload and work effectively in a team
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Interest in the use of computer packages to draw, model and detail buildings
We are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. You must be eligible to work in the UK in order for your application to be considered.
If you are interested in applying to become part of the Crucis Designs team, please submit your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship.
Salary: £18,000.00-£18,600.00 per year.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will work full-time at Crucis Designs and attend 4 block release weeks at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford per year.
You will study and eventually qualify with a BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful applicant will qualify as an Incorporated Engineer, with options for further learning and progression to Chartered Status.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/5) Essential
A Level or equivalent In at least 2 subjects (Grade A*-C) Essential