To provide support to the management team as a senior member of staff which includes the responsibility of deputising for the Management team for up to a period of 48 hours
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals with a desire to develop and succeed. You will be required to deliver a high standard of customer service. Able to work under pressure, you must also be able to resolve any customer complaints to achieve a satisfactory outcome. You'll also ensure high standards of cleanliness whilst ensuring at all times that legal requirements are strictly adhered to. You must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
In addition to the duties of general hospitality:
- To maintain the highest level of customer care and professionalism at all times.
- To support the Management team in the day to day running of the business within all designated areas of responsibility
- To start and end the trading sessions of the business and be able to calculate "Weekly Figures" Sheet in the Business Plan, Complete the Wages Sheet, Count and calculate wet and Dry stocks and report wastage
- To follow Company procedures when assisting the Management team in the following areas - back office systems and administration, health & safety, security and cash management, kitchen procedures, and cellar operation as detailed in the Retail Staff Handbook/Keyholder Supervisor Training Programme
- To ensure personal and team compliance when dealing with legislative requirements including Licensing legislation, Trade Descriptions Act, Weights and Measures Act, Food Hygiene (general) Regulations, Health & Safety at Work Act, C.O.S.H.H. Regulations, Gaming Acts plus any others that may affect the business.
- To complete staff induction and training records cards as required
- To assist the Management Team in achieving all key performance indicators and ensuring that the key ratios are maintained.
- To assist the Management Team in training and developing retail staff by facilitating induction/training/coaching sessions and leading and/or playing an integral part in staff meetings.
- To assist the Management Team in all aspects of stock, administration, cash control, customer complaints, recruitment and team management.
- To ensure and maintain Company/brand standards at all times and adhere to retail audit standards procedures.
- To attend/deputise for the management team at AOM clinics
- To ensure complaints are rectified to Company policy and are reported in line with Company procedure
- To undertake full relief responsibilities in the Manager's absence. During this period the job description and responsibilities of the Manager will apply, as detailed in the Retail Operations Manual.
- To carry out all other reasonable requests issued by the Management Team/Company
- To have a thorough understanding of licensing requirements in particular in relation to Checking for ID.
- Maintaining high levels of security at all times
- Understand how to report Epos failure / emergency trading procedure & all emergency contact numbers
- Follow Company policy with regards to cash management / cash security and understand the procedure for dealing with change, floats, voids, refunds, vouchers, MI&T discount 20% & 50% , AWP refund policy
- Effective management of staffing levels to maximize business bottom line
- Understanding of Staff Rota Procedure
The Apprenticeships last for 12 - 15 months, and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston's, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston's Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston's career path.
The Benefits and Rewards
As you'd expect from a name like Marston's the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there's ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)