To work as a Supervisor reporting directly into the General Manager. You will give support and guidance to team members whilst working with the senior management team to ensure the business runs efficiently and profitably.
A relief of up to 48 hours may be completed in the absence of all other senior management, during which time they'll be fully responsible for the successful operation of the pub.
To ensure quality, service, standards and legal compliance are met and exceeded at all times, in line with the company, brand and stakeholder expectations.
In addition to the duties detailed in the Bar and Waiting Job description, the key duties of a Supervisor are below.
- Builds a good understanding of sales and costs, and can give tangible examples of how these can be influenced
- In the absence of the Senior Management Team, ensures that the pub is operated within the terms of the premises license, and any conditions within, and that the four licensing objectives are upheld at all times
- Takes a proactive approach to recognising, acting upon and responding to guest feedback to maintain a positive impression of the pub and wider business
- When holding the site, take full accountability for any money and stock held on site, ensuring it is managed and maintained within company guidelines
- Put the guest at the heart of everything we do, by ensuring the guest journey framework is fully embedded within your Pub
- Delivers uncompromising standards, service and guest experience at all times; inspires and empowers the team to deliver the same
- Is confident in optimising sales potential by building a good rapport quickly with customers and making suitable recommendations, including upsell items
- Assists the Senior Management Team in the recruitment and induction of team members, ensuring all new starters are on boarded and inducted legally and comprehensively to provide a great experience
- Motivates and leads the team, supporting the development and implementation of imaginative incentives and rewards
- Plays an active part in team meetings, motivating the team and relaying key messages from senior management
- Role models honest and respectful feedback in a way that initiates change
The Apprenticeships last for 12 - 15 months, and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston's, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston's Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston's career path.
The Benefits and Rewards
As you'd expect from a name like Marston's the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there's ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)