About the apprenticeship
• Play a pivotal role within our Branch Customer Service Team by being the first point of contact for our customers banking requirements, take ownership of their individual needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience
• Play an important part in customer education around HSBC digital services and fraud awareness
• Identify customers who are in vulnerable situations and determine the best way we can support them
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
• Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
• A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
• Naturally inquisitive - able to ask why and bring new ideas to the table
• Strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers.
• Ability to take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, you will pride yourself on delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations, delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service
• Be resilient to a continuous changing environment
• Flexibility as, we may ask you to support other local branches within a reasonable distance to you
• Adhering to HSBC's values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank's ethical standards and principles.
• 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Training provider course:
Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Providing financial Services
About the employer
41 High St
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews held by the employer