Clinician Care was developed as a key service within our business, to show our nurses and support staff that they are valued, and we appreciate the impact they make in people’s lives. We are setting the standard within the healthcare industry when it comes to valuing and empowering healthcare workers, so they can be at their best when delivering care. The Clinician Care team collaborate with teams across Catalyst Care Group and are continuously finding ways to improve employee retention, satisfaction, and happiness. The team support business growth by creating a nurturing workplace for our healthcare workers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring daily tasks are completed, which can include, sending birthday messages and responding to incoming emails
- Call handling – incoming and outgoing calls to healthcare workers
- Collate feedback from the Clinician Care Navigator to present in a report for all relevant stakeholders
- Use Microsoft Excel to update spreadsheets
- Organise gifts for healthcare workers when required
- Collaborate with our healthcare workers and support with co-ordination of focus groups
- Collaborate with the entire Clinician Care team to keep policies and benefit schemes up to date
Salary, Benefits, & Progression
- Salary to be substantially increased upon completion of the apprenticeship.
- Massive on looking after their people
- Real family feel and supportive team
- Large monthly events
- Everyone’s birthday is celebrated
- Keen to progress staff and develop them in areas they are strong in
- Loads of apprentices and most stay on beyond their training
- The opportunity to train and specialise in other areas of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The successful candidate will have:
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High attention to detail
- Have a great sense of humility
- Remain calm under pressure
- An interest in working with people
- The ability to work part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Open to learning and developing professionally and personally
- Emotional intelligence
Other personal attributes
- Career focussed and eager to learn
- Proactive and organised. Enjoys working with people
- A problem solver who is self-motivated and flexible
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment
- A strong team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to company, clients, and teams
Business Administrator Training
During this advanced apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as:
- Project management
- Systems & processes
- Business structures and so much more.
You will undertake the ground-breaking Professional Apprenticeships Business Administrator Level 3 qualification. Professional Apprenticeships hold the title of Bristol and Bath Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year for 2021. We also boast the highest Ofsted rating, which only a select few training providers in the region have.
The programme is designed to mould you into a high-level, all-rounded business professional. You will learn in detail about:
- Business communication
- Managing change
- Problem-solving & much more.
These modules are designed to jump-start your career and make you stand out in an increasingly competitive field, boosting your future earning potential.
Catalyst Care Group’s values are One Team. One Plan. One Goal.
Their Vision is to be known as the most humanised community health and social care provider, the most clinician-centric organisation, and a great place to work for all.
Their Mission is to put ‘people’ at the heart of the decisions they make and the actions they take.
Their Goal is to transform people’s lives for the better.